Roles & Responsibilities
The governing board at Etching Hill strive to;
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement
- keep the pressure up on school improvement
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.
2017 Governor Terms and Details - please click this link for further information
2017 Governor Team Memberships - please click this link for further information
Compliments, Comments and Concerns
The Governing Board would like to hear from you if you:
- Are happy with the service the school provides and would like to compliment the staff and its pupils;
- Have any suggestions about how the school can improve the quality of its provision;
- Have a complaint or concern. All complaints will be taken seriously and given full and proper consideration in accordance with the Complaints and Compliments Policy.
Please send your comments or concerns in writing for the attention of the chair of governors to the school office who will promptly forward onto the appropriate member of the governing board.