Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we fully recognise our responsibility under section 157/175 of The Education Action 2002 and Keeping Children Safe in Education September 2016. This means that we have safeguarding policies and procedures in place.
Designated Child Protection Officers:
All the staff and the Governing Board at Etching Hill Primary School share an objective to help keep the children safe, we:
- Provide a safe environment for pupils to learn
- Provide the means for emotional well-being and security
- Have regard for preventing pupils being drawn into terrorism
- Identify children who are suffering, or who are likely to suffer significant harm
- Have robust procedures in place and take appropriate action with the aim of making sure that pupils are kept safe both at home and in school.
To achieve this objective, we:
- Aim to prevent unsuitable people from working with the children through a stringent DBS process;
- Promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- Identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child's welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to keep them safe
- Contribute to effective partnership working between all those involved in providing services for our children
- Ensure that staff understand the risk of radicalisation, have the capabilities to deal with it and implement the Prevent duty effectively