Spellings Summer 1- please click this link
Recommended reading for Year 5 - please click this link for detailed list
In Year 5 we do expect children to take more responsibility for their learning. Our expectations are:-
- that children come prepared for lessons
- that children actively take responsibility for checking that they have put all they need in their bags
- that children will learn their spellings each week along with TIMES TABLES—a MUST for year 5.
- that children will read a wide range of books for enjoyment at home and will be able to discuss storylines and characters at home
- Children will complete weekly homework to prepare them for new learning or reinforce prior learning – this may be English, maths, topic or science related.